Why a Pre-Purchase Plumbing Inspection is a MUST!
When purchasing a house, plumbing is usually one thing that most people do not bother to check and as it is generally not covered by a building and pest inspection, the cost of just one faulty piece of plumbing can cost thousands of dollars.
Plumbing is one of the most important components of a home as it comprises your sewer lines, water supply, hot water system, stormwater gutters and downpipes and internal fixtures. Common plumbing problems include tree root infiltration into the stormwater drain or sewer line which causes blocked drains and can lead to collapsed pipes, leaking taps, leaking drain pipes and leaking water pipes, low water pressure, inadequate surface water drainage, water damage and pipe corrosion to name just a few. These issues can often go unseen when you are walking through your potential new home, it is not until a thorough inspection is completed that the problems can truly be recognised.
Jetset Plumbing’s Pre-Purchase Plumbing Inspection includes:
- DVD recording of your sewer-pipe and stormwater inspection using our CCTV Drain Camera
- Pressure test to determine adequate water supply or underlying issues
- Condition report of the gutters and downpipes
- Surface water report checking adequate drainage is in place
- Inspection of ventilation systems
- Comprehensive Hot Water Heater check (date, life expectancy and valves)
- Condition reports of the: Water line, Taps, flick mixers and fixtures, Vanities and pipes below, Toilet and cistern
Do yourself a favour…put as much effort into your Pre-Purchase Plumbing Inspection as you do finding your dream home. Before you buy your new family home or investment property, please call Jetset Plumbing for your inspection, we’ve saved many home-owners thousands of dollars in hidden plumbing costs.